Like 2020, this year has presented us with many challenges — COVID, labor shortages, supply chain issues, etc. But that didn’t stop the Covington Chamber, our board, members, volunteers and staff from making it the best year it could be! Here are some of the amazing things we accomplished as a team in 2021:
- Added 17 new members and two returning members
- Added 3 new board members: Mark Smith, Multicare; George Frasier, Green River College and Green River College Foundation; Elaine Cruzat, Eat the Frog Fitness
- Received a disaster relief grant for $18,854 from state funds and facilitated by AWB
- Received $7,167 in PPP2 funds to use toward payroll
- Put $6,000 in our Good Work Fund thanks to our 17 high-level sponsors
- Awarded our first $2,350 scholarship from our Veterans’ Spouse Scholarship to assist a veteran spouse in going back to school to earn a nursing degree
- Awarded three Covington Chamber scholarships totaling $10,000
- Hosted five ribbon cuttings: Ristretto’s Coffee & Wine Bar, Eat the Frog Fitness, Vineyard Park of Covington, Nana’s Southern Kitchen and The Door Organics
- Launched a job board, free for members
- Delivered 28 PPE kits to area businesses most affected by new vaccine verification requirements
- Organized and promoted a COVID Town Hall hosted by Valley Medical Center and Multicare
- Launched the Clean, Safe, Welcome City committee to improve Covington for residents, visitors and businesses
- Hosted virtual and in-person luncheons and happy hour events
There are too many highlights to list here, but you can read more highlights here.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to our success in some way in 2021. We appreciate your support of our mission and of the Covington community!
Here’s to another great year in 2022!